People discard more than 180,000 tons of batteries in a year. Rechargeable batteries helps to save the environment and also saves money. But even after using rechargeable batteries if you did,t find a good charger, its waste of buying rechargeable batteries.
What is a Rechargeable Battery?
A rechargeable battery is a type of electrical battery that can be recharged many times. It uses reversible electrochemical reaction to store energy. Rechargeable batteries are available in different shapes and sizes, from button cells to megawatt systems. It is composed of more electrochemical cells. The batteries are made up of different combinations of electrode and electrolytes like lead-acid, zinc-air, nickel-cadmium, nickel-metal hydride, lithium-ion, lithium iron phosphate.
Rechargeable battery charger is a device that is used to charge the rechargeable batteries by placing the battery cells in the device. Unlike normal chargers rechargeable battery chargers helps to charge the batteries and use them again.
Shelf life of a Rechargeable Battery
Properly maintained battery lasts for approximately 2-7 years. With good care and usage, the shelf life of the battery increases.
Tips to increase the shelf life
1.Stop running the battery until is is completely down.
2.Use it frequently without keeping it as it is fully charged for long time.
3.Avoid heat from the battery by using cooling pads.
4.Long term storage.
Some of the best rechargeable battery chargers to buy are as follows
- Input: DC 5V 2A; Output: DC 1.4V 250mAh AA / 1.4V 250mAh AAA
- Size: 104*65*28mm
- Applicable Batteries: AA and AAA NiMH/NiCD rechargeable batteries.
- Automatic: When the battery is fully charged, it will automatically stop charging, and with LED indicator.
- Quality: High quality materials effectively protect the battery from normal charging
- Input: 12V DC 1000mA (use with the supplied AC adaptor)
- Charge current:
- AAA – 500mA
- AA/C/D – 1300mA
- 9V – 30mA
- USB output: 5V DC 500mA
- Discharge current: AA/AAA/C/D – 400mA
- Detect method: Negative delta V (- ∆V) cut-off for AA/AAA/C/D size batteries.
- Protection: Protects from over charge, short circuit and reverse polarity.
- Universal charger: The Tenergy T9688 smart universal battery charger can charge up to four batteries all with differing sizes
- Smart LCD screen: The smart interface screen provides charge, discharge, full and bad battery status. With battery icons that display capacity level.
See Also: Best wireless smartphone chargers
- Protection: Overcharge protection features prevent damage from overcharging, helping to maximize battery life.
- Compatability: Compatible with all AAA and AA NiMH rechargeable batteries.
- Foldable Plug: Built in, fold out plug design allows you to easily store the Pro Charger Battery Charger when not in use.
- Auto Shut-Off : The Pro Charger automatically shuts off the circuit when batteries are fully charged.
- Battery Life: The safety features make sure that you get the most of out of your battery performance.
- LCD Display: The LED will be light all the time when charging Ni-MH 9V battery and LED will be turn off when charge 9V li-ionbattery are finished. The charging time depend on the capacity of the battery.
- Charging Time: Charging the battery AA/AAA/C/D with the current 1A, making charging 5 times faster than the normal one.
- Smart Switch: Press the discharge button to discharge the battery, and the charger will restore to charging mode when discharging is completed.
- Protection: Battery charger will automatically power off when the battery’s or charger’s temperature exceeds 60℃.
- Compatibility: For Ni-MH Ni-CD rechargeable batteries: 1/2/3/4 AA, AAA, C, D and 1/2 9V batteries.
- Time Saver: Tenergy smart battery charger offers 16 different channels allowing you to charge any combination of AA/AAA NIMH/NICD rechargeable cells.
- LCD Screen: LCD panel on this rechargeable battery charger displays the charging/discharging status of each battery.
- Protection: Smart Technology provides full protection against overcharging, overheating, short-circuiting, over-current, and reverse-polarity.
- Refresh Cycle: Easy to use cycling feature fully discharges and charges your cells to extend their overall lifespan.
- Voltage Specification: Input: AC 100V~240V 50HZ/60HZ, Output:12 V DC, 2A
- LCD Display: Smart LCD screen indicates the whole charging process for the AA AAA batteries and C D rechargeable batteries.
- Fast charger: USB 5V/2A and Type C Input, improves your charger more adaptability, give you more choices to fulfill your batteries, saving the long waiting time for charging.
- Safety: Advanced MCU control and -∆V function, over-heat and over-current protection, short-circuit protection, non-rechargeable and defective battery detection.
- Control: Battery detection technology, automatically turn to trickle charge when batteries are nearly full charged.
- Compatibility: Compatible with NiMH or NiCD AAA/AA Rechargeable Batteries, 16 independent charging channels individual charging and detection.
- LED Indicator: The indicator light will flash;being charging, the battery is red;fully charged, the light is green.
- Intelligent charging control: Pre-charging, quick charging, floating charging, trickle charging ,Automatically recognize the power and shift from the charging control.
- Cooling System: Every slot has 3 vents, it can help this battery to reduce the temperature,it is automatically cut off when fully charged.
- Protection: Over-heat, over-current protection and short circuit protection.
See Also: Best USB Charging Stations
- Voltage Specification: Input: AC 100-240V AC 50/60Hz,output: NI-MH or NI-CD AA batteries(500±50mA)
- Protection: Over-heat and over-current protection, short-circuit protection, non-rechargeable and defective battery detection.
- LCD Screen: Bonai 18 bay battery charger is designed with an easy-to-read LCD screen to view each battery’s charging status.
- Compatibility: Independent charging slot, can charge different compatible batteries freely.
The technology has improved and now its time to replace your normal batteries with rechargeable batteries. The rechargeable batteries can hold charge longer than normal disposable batteries. So rechargeable battery chargers are must required to make proper use of the rechargeable batteries. The use of rechargeable batteries also helps to save environment, investing money to buy a good charger will help you charge the batteries when you need them.